Coteau des Prairies Health Care System (CDP) offers financial assistance
for emergency and other medically necessary services provided and billed
through our Patient Financial Service.
What is financial assistance?
CDP hospitals and clinics offer financial assistance for any emergency
and any other medically necessary services provided and billed through
our Patient Financial Services. This assistance, ranging from a reduction
in the amount of the balance outstanding up to complete forgiveness of
the balance outstanding, is provided to patients demonstrating financial need.
How do I request financial assistance?
You have three options:
- Download the application online and send it to the address on the application.
- Contact a patient account representative at the phone number listed on
your billing statement. Note: If your statement is not available, please
contact our Patient Financial Services office at (605) 698-4614.
- Visit the registration representative at the clinic or hospital and they
will be able to provide you with an application.
What do I need to include with my request for financial assistance?
Return the application completed in its entirety along with:
- A copy of your most recent complete tax return, including all schedules.
- Copies of the two most recent pay stubs for each wage earner in the household.
- Copies of your property tax assessment statements.
What should I expect?
Your application will be reviewed and a decision will be communicated to
you within 30 days. All information is confidential. Family size and household
income determine this eligibility.
Exceptional circumstances may apply to applicants who own significant valued
assets. CDP may consider the value of an individual's assets in determining
eligibility for financial assistance for care and services delivered at
any CDP facility.
Financial assistance policy
Financial assistance application